The Front-Office Specialist is responsible for all customer inquiries, new patient intake, appointment setting, and client services. Every client interaction regardless if, in-person or over the phone is to be greeted in a friendly, empathetic, and professional manner, making them feel welcome and valued. Next Step offers VIP level service from the bottom -up, customer focus is a top priority. Attention to detail and attendance are imperative for a successful candidate.
Monday – Friday 8 am – 5 pm (times may change according to schedule needs)
• Greets and directs clients and visitors to appropriate provider or staff with courtesy and respect, adhering to behavioral health standards and the concepts of Next Steps Mission and Vision.
• Schedules appointments, collect new client information for the EMR, ensures that messages are efficiently and correctly submitted to the provider or staff.
• Records no shows, cancellations and any applicable notes regarding appointment changes.
• Create an invoice for the appt and collect payment
• Complete and reconcile daily payment log
• Compiles clinical information as requested.
• Performs administrative tasks such as copying, faxing, scanning, and handles external phone calls.
• Performs insurance verification with insurance companies for approval of controlled medications. Prior Authorization experience a plus.
• Receives information to referrals and processes referrals
• Assists in the maintenance of EMR; receives, maintains and forwards medical records in accordance with confidentiality and security procedures
• Prepares documentation regarding clients in accordance with regulatory requirements and company policies and procedures as required.
• Follow HIPAA guidelines at all times
Knowledge and Skills
• Communication skills: Due to the nature of behavioral health, communication must be professional, clear, calm and sensitive always regardless of the circumstances.
• Focus skills: Strong attention to detail, adaptable to constant change, ability to work under pressure, tech-savvy/troubleshooter
• Multi-tasking skills: Must develop and demonstrate outstanding multi-tasking skills to effectively accomplish several required and competing tasks.
• Phone and computer literacy: Must maintain proficient phone and computer handling skills. Required email communication
• Other: Customer service and/or crisis background, email etiquette, ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of the team.
Verify demographic and client information
Complete new client intake process
Check-in clients and schedule future appointments
Complete all uploads and scans into client’s charts in a timely manner
Collect payments and balances
Coordination of care with outside providers
Check voicemails and emails every 2 hours
Attend scheduled meetings
Coordinate with other offices
Maintain the appearance and amenities of the front office and waiting areas
Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Associate degree or some college preferred
Front-office, customer service, reception, 5 pm administrative (minimum: 1 year)
MAC experience is helpful
Must pass background and drug screen
Submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org